Mining Science & Technology Information Resources in Tumultuous Times
The VP Institute is pleased to co-sponsor the 11th Global TechMining Conference with the Institute of Project Management and Innovation at University of Bremen as a wholly virtual event, accessible to all members of our global community. With the explosion of text-analytics driven by the necessity of advancing understanding of COVID-19, we feel it’s more important than ever for TechMining practitioners to share knowledge.
Tech Mining is text-oriented analytics that aims to generate practical intelligence from Science, Technology & Innovation (ST&I) information resources – i.e., “Big Data” in various forms. It uses bibliometric and text-mining software (e.g., Derwent Data Analyzer (DDA), VantagePoint) and many other analytical & visualization tools. Tech mining supports decision making in ST&I policy & management – e.g., competitive technical intelligence, R&D management, research evaluation, and coping with the COVID-19 pandemic. Expanding and novel data bring both opportunities and challenges. Researchers, analysts, and decision makers need to track ST&I dynamics together with rapidly evolving economic & societal factors.
The conference topics include, but are not limited to:
Maximizing the potential of traditional and novel data e.g.
- ST&I data sources (e.g. web scraping, social media, full-text information)
- Data quality (e.g. precision, recall, and disambiguation)
Advancing and/or integrating methods e.g.
- Forecasting emerging technologies
- Forecasting disruptive technologies
- Topic extraction
- Topic evolutionary path identification
- Science knowledge maps
- Scientific visualizations
- Informetrics (e.g. Bibliometrics, scientometrics, etc.)
Innovative analyses or translation to useful intelligence e.g.
- Text mining in practice (e.g. bioinformatics, precision medicine etc.)
- Transformation of scientific and technological achievements
We are thankful for the support of our co-organizers!
Interested in sponsorship? Get more information.