Mining Science & Technology Information Resources in a Digital Environment
The VP Institute is pleased to co-sponsor the 11th Global TechMining Conference along with the Institute of Project Management and Innovation (IPMI)at University of Bremen and the Chair for Technology, Innovation Management and Entrepreneurship at the University of Bonn as a wholly virtual event, accessible to all members of our global community.
Tech mining is text-oriented analytics that aims to generate practical intelligence from Science, Technology & Innovation (ST&I) information resources – i.e., “Big Data” in various forms. It uses bibliometric and text-mining software (e.g., Derwent Data Analyzer (DDA), VantagePoint) and many other analytical & visualization tools. Tech mining supports decision making in ST&I policy & management – e.g., competitive technical intelligence, R&D management, and research evaluation. Expanding and novel data bring both opportunities and challenges. Researchers, analysts, and decision makers need to track ST&I dynamics together with rapidly evolving economic & societal factors.
The conference topics include, but are not limited to:
- ST&I + Other data sources (e.g., web scraping, social media, full-text information)
- Data refining (e.g., enhancing accuracy, disambiguation, natural language processing)
- Combining data sources (e.g., data mashup analyses, comparison of results from different data sources)
- Methods: Advancing and integrating methods - e.g.:
- Artificial intelligence and machine learning for tech mining
- Informetrics (e.g., bibliometrics, scientometrics); novel indicators and visualization
- Predictive analytics and foresight
- Generativity and modularity of tech mining solutions
- Applications: Innovative analyses translating to useful intelligence - e.g.:
- Analyzing technology dynamics (emergence, maturity, speciation, combination with others) Assessing convergence at the level of science, technology, market or industry
- Analyzing and monitoring interdisciplinary research endeavors
- Revealing the impact of tech mining in management practice and decision-making
We are thankful for the support of our co-organizers!
Interested in sponsorship? Get more information.