The VP Institute is pleased to co-sponsor the 10th Global TechMining Conference with the Beijing Institute of Technology as a wholly virtual event, accessible to all members of our global community. With the explosion of text-analytics driven by the necessity of advancing understanding of COVID-19, we feel its more important than ever for TechMining practitioners to share knowledge.
Tech Mining, a text oriented form of “Big Data” analytics, aims to generate practical intelligence using bibliometric and text-mining software (e.g., Derwent Data Analyzer (DDA), VantagePoint) as well as other analytical & visualization applications for analyses of Science, Technology & Innovation (ST&I) information to support decision making in ST&I management – e.g., competitive technical intelligence, R&D management, research evaluation, and triple helix analysis. “Big Data” brings both opportunities and challenges. ST&I management must stay vigilant of the changing landscape of data and analytic models, methods, and applications used to track the dynamics of science, technology, the economy, and society. The focus of GTM2020 is to engage cross-disciplinary networks of analysts, software specialists, researchers, and managers to address such challenges and advance text-data-driven solutions for ST&I management.
The conference topics include, but are not limited to:
Maximizing the potential of traditional and novel data e.g.
- ST&I data sources (e.g. web scraping, social media, full-text information)
- Data quality (e.g. precision, recall, and disambiguation)
Advancing and/or integrating methods e.g.
- Forecasting emerging technologies
- Forecasting disruptive technologies
- Topic extraction
- Topic evolutionary path identification
- Science knowledge maps
- Scientific visualizations
- Informetrics (e.g. Bibliometrics, scientometrics, etc.)
Innovative analyses or translation to useful intelligence e.g.
- Text mining in practice (e.g. bioinformatics, precision medicine etc.)
- Transformation of scientific and technological achievements