- May 26, 2023: a half-day “in-person” GTM Forum in Atlanta, GA immediately following the Atlanta Conference on Science and Innovation Policy.
- November 10, 2023: a “virtual” conference with a program of oral presentations, panels, key notes, and power talks.
Tech mining is text-oriented analytics that aims to generate practical intelligence from Science, Technology & Innovation (ST&I) information resources – i.e., “Big Data” in various forms. It uses bibliometric and text-mining software (e.g., Derwent Data Analyzer (DDA), VantagePoint) and many other analytical & visualization tools. Tech mining supports decision making in ST&I policy & management – e.g., competitive technical intelligence, R&D management, and research evaluation. Expanding and novel data bring both opportunities and challenges. Researchers, analysts, and decision makers need to track ST&I dynamics together with rapidly evolving economic & societal factors, validating the necessity of evidence-based foresight.
The conference topics include, but are not limited to:
- ST&I + Other data sources (e.g., web scraping, social media, full-text information)
- Data refining (e.g., enhancing accuracy, disambiguation, natural language processing)
- Combining data sources (e.g., data mashup analyses, comparison of results from different data sources)
- Methods: Advancing and integrating methods - e.g.:
- Artificial intelligence and machine learning for tech mining
- Informetrics (e.g., bibliometrics, scientometrics); novel indicators and visualization
- Predictive analytics and foresight
- Generativity and modularity of tech mining solutions
- Applications: Innovative analyses translating to useful intelligence - e.g.:
- Analyzing technology dynamics (emergence, maturity, speciation, combination with others) Assessing convergence at the level of science, technology, market or industry
- Analyzing and monitoring interdisciplinary research endeavors
- Revealing the impact of tech mining in management practice and decision-making
Interested in sponsorship? Get more information.
Conference Hosts and Sponsors
We are thankful for our partners’ contributions to the organization of the conference.
KDnuggets- Analytics and Data Mining Resources